CMA Music Festival is back for its 46th year from June 8-11, 2017. The annual event sells out months in advance, and the crowds continue to set records every year. Preparing for such an event can be intimidating, so to help you get ready, we’re sharing our advice. Consider this your guide to CMA Fest.
1. Avoid Traffic Nightmares With Car Service
Getting around Nashville during CMA Fest is a headache. The event draws nearly 100,000 fans each year to Downtown Nashville. Traffic here is already pretty congested, but a huge event like this causes a HUGE influx of traffic.
You’ve likely purchased your tickets months ago and waiting anxiously. The last thing you want is to get off schedule.
Rideshare apps and taxis are available, but they aren’t necessarily to wisest options. There is a limited number of drivers working, and rideshare apps are replete with surcharges based on the insane surge in ride demand.
For an event like CMA Fest, chauffeured car service is the best way to travel. Book your car service vehicle now to ensure that you have reliable transportation throughout your CMA Fest experience. Contact Signature Transportation to request a free quote or to learn more about our vehicles and services for this year’s CMA Fest.
2. Find a Great Hotel
A nice hotel (re: home base) is vital for a good CMA Fest experience. You’ll want a comfortable place to rest your head after a long day trekking around Music City under the sun. There are tons of great hotels that are either a walk or car ride away from all the festivities. Here are a few Nashville hotels we recommend:
- Hotel Indigo: Conveniently located on Union Street downtown, Hotel Indigo offers guests a unique boutique hotel experience, with a speakeasy-inspired lounge, great views of the city and, most importantly, easy access to many of the roads and streets that lead straight to CMA Fest.
- Hilton Downtown Nashville: This contemporary gem is located in the heart of downtown, just a 3-minute walk from Broadway and much of the CMA Fest fun.
- The Hermitage Hotel: Opened in 1910, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect destination for those looking for a combination of historic charm and contemporary comforts. Located downtown, the Hermitage is within walking distance of many of the CMA festivities, making it a great hotel to consider when you’re on the hunt for CMA Fest lodging.
3. Know What to Expect at CMA Fest
It’s important to know what to expect, especially if this is your first rodeo. Walking in without having done any research is a major disadvantage.
There are tons of free concerts daily plus free activites, many of which are family-friendly. CMA Fest free concert stages include the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage, the Chevrolet Cruze Park Stage, the HGTV Lodge, and the Gildan Broadway Stage at Hard Rock Cafe.
Broadway shuts down to become “The Buckle:” three blocks of country music, complete with food, giveaways, games, karaoke, and plenty of people-watching. Visit Fan Alley in front of the beautiful Schermerhorn Symphony Center. It’s one big party!
Signature Transportation has called Nashville home for years, and we handle CMA Fest transportation every summer. To learn more about our CMA Fest packages or for more information about our services, contact us today.